DIY Fight Like A Girl Floral Tumbler Cricut Tutorial
If a picture is worth a thousand words, I can’t help but think that a handmade gift is worth a thousand hugs. And sometimes you need a thousand hugs, especially when you need to Fight Like A Girl.
Giving this DIY Fight Like A Girl tumbler as a gift has helped me express my love and support (even when I don’t quite know what to do or say) when a woman in my life is going through a difficult time.
Even when I don’t know what to do or say, I know I can’t NOT do something to let them know I’m thinking of them. It is what I do. At my core, I craft and make pretty things to brighten someone’s day. It’s as simple as that.
If you are searching for other fabulous floral inspiration for gifts and gift wrap, scroll down and check out the linky party at the end of my post! Also, be sure to also check out a mega Cricut giveaway!
Essential to this DIY Fight Like A Girl Tumbler: A Pretty Floral Vinyl
When I first saw this adorable floral vinyl, I knew I needed it. I did not know what I needed it for. (But has that ever stopped me from buying craft supplies? Heck no!)
So, this lovely vinyl sat in my craft room for a good six months until I needed a bright and cheerful vinyl for a special project – this DIY Fight Like A Girl tumbler.
Want to Make Your Own?
Good! Here’s how:
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through them, I may receive a commission from a third party at no extra cost to you. All opinions are my own, and I only share links to products I personally use, love and trust.
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
- Floral permanent vinyl (I used the Paper Studio brand from Hobby Lobby)
- Cricut transfer paper
- Blank insulated coffee tumbler (I used this one from Walmart)
- Cricut Explore Air 2 and cutting mat
- Weeding tools
- additional font* (See Step 2)
Step 2: Download the Font & Upload it to Design Space
Since the floral design on the vinyl was so busy, I ultimately decided on a very simple block-like text called Petite France found at dafont.com*. If you’d like to use it too, here’s how to add it to Cricut Design Space:
*Always double-check the licensing for the fonts you download. I am using this font for personal use and will not be selling these tumblers for profit. There are plenty of completely free fonts on dafont.com.
- First, go to Dafont.com and search for the font name or click on the link above. Next, click on the gray “download” buttons to the right of the fonts.
- Once the zip files have downloaded to your computer, open the files and double-click on the TrueType font files to open them.
- Then hit the “install” button at the top of the document.
- Once the install are complete, open Cricut Design Space and select your new font from the font drop-down menu. (If you are already working in Design Space, you’ll want to refresh it or log out and back in so you can see the new font selection).
Step 3: Layout your Text Using Cricut Design Space
First, you will want to play around with the size and line spacing of your text until you are satisfied with the overall look. For my 20 oz tumbler, my finished text graphic was roughly 4.5″ tall by 3″ wide.
Then, I attached all the words together (so they would be cut exactly how I wanted the text to be placed) and selected the green ‘Make It’ button. The next screen will show how the decal will be cut on the mat. If you are happy with the look, click the green ‘Continue’ button.
Step 4: Cut, Weed & Transfer your Decal
After my Cricut did all the cutting for me, I weeded the text and applied transfer tape. Check out the video above for my process!
IF YOU LOVE THIS FLORAL PROJECT, YOU’LL DROOL OVER THESE PROJECTS IN THIS “Summer of Flowers” LINKY PARTY!
And please help me extend a huge “THANK YOU!” to our lovely hosts:
Last but certainly NOT least, if you haven’t signed up to win this BIG BUNDLE featuring Cricut’s new Infusible Ink, you’re missing out!
You could win:
- An EasyPress 2
- A 12″x12″ EasyPress Mat
- 2 packs (total of 4) Infusible Ink Transfersheet Sets
- 4 Infusible Ink Transfersheet Sets (4 pack)
- 4 Infusible Ink Pen/Marker Sets
- 2 Infusible Ink Shirts
- 1 Infusible Ink Baby Bodysuit
- 1 package Infusible Ink Ceramic Coasters
- A $200 Gift Card!!!
Hurry up and enter for your chance to win below!
Good luck in the raffle!
AS ALWAYS – IF YOU NEED HELP BRAINSTORMING OR CREATING A CUSTOM GIFT, PLEASE REACH OUT TO ME! I’D LOVE TO HELP!
More later! The craft room is calling, and I must go…